Changing your perceptions of money and self, aging and living can make a huge difference. We’ve gathered the best inspirational quotes to help you.
It seems like when times get tough, and we’re faced with difficulties, it helps to be reminded of what we already know deep down. Inspirational quotes help get us in touch with our higher purpose. And a bit of wisdom always comes in handy when we feel let down or depressed.
When our enthusiasm for the real work of living our best lives seems like an uphill Sisyphean battle. So wise quotes filled with inspiring advice can help us remember our dreams and goals.
It seems that there are myriad angles to every situation, and inspirational quotes can help shed a new light on a situation that’s got you flummoxed.
The beauty of life, even in the midst of chaos, is all around us. A word or two can remind us why we struggle and what we’re working for. Whether you’re inspired by warm generosity or by seeing good people overcome obstacles, the following quotes will put a lift in your step. Wherever you’re headed.
Inspirational Quotes about Life
Life ― it’s a funny thing. Sometimes, it seems overwhelming, and you wonder what the point is. Sometimes it feels like you’re getting nothing but hard luck, no matter how hard you try. But life is a journey, and yet sometimes the road gets bumpy. Sometimes it gets washed away completely. They say that the destination isn’t the point. It’s what you learn along the way. So let these inspirational quotes about life offer key insights.
One of life’s first conundrums is ― what’s it all about? What’s it all for? Here are some great inspirational quotes about finding your purpose.
Finding your purpose
1. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself ” – George Bernard Shaw
2. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu.
3. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller.
4. “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
5. “There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
6. “May I never be perfect.” – Chuck Palahniuk
#fightclub #fight #fightclubquotes #tylerdurden #marlasinger #robertpaulson #hisnameisrobertpaulson #projectmayhem #paperstreetsoapcompany #intylerwetrust #chuckpalahniuk #chuckpalahniukquotes #bradpitt #edwardnorton #jaredleto #davidfincher #helenabonhamcarter #meatloafaday #instaword #instaquote #instawords #instaquotes #quote #quotes #quoteoftheday #word #words #dailyquotes #everydayquotes
Staying on track
Once you figure out what your purpose ― or purposes are ― here are a few great inspirational quotes that will help you stay aligned with your values.
7. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain.
8. “Be the person your dog thinks you are.” – J.W. Stephens
9. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
Dealing with insecurity
When you’re feeling down on yourself, and not quite good enough, take a few words of advice from these people:
10. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Loving this quote right now especially after the week I’ve had. Only you can feel inadequate about yourself. But you know what, you are enough, you are adequate. Doesn’t matter what’s going on, everyone goes by the beat of their own drum. It doesn’t matter how long it is takes you to do something, if it’s school, relationships, kids, life. Go at your pace, no one else’s. ❤️ ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••#eleanorroosevelt #eleanorrooseveltquote #lifequote #motivationalquotes #finalsweek #letsdothis #yougotthis #quotes #quotestoliveby #quoteoftheday #dailymotivation
11. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L. Hay
12. “Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.” – Winston Churchill
13. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
14. “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
Dealing with others
When those around you are frustrating, sometimes it helps to remember that not everybody is ready to live their best life.
15. “You can’t go around building a better world for people. Only people can build a better world for people. Otherwise it’s just a cage.” – Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad
16. “Needing to have things perfect is the surest way to immobilize yourself with frustration.” – Wayne Dyer
17. “Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you’ll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” – Tom Robbins
18. “There’s always failure. And there’s always disappointment. And there’s always loss. But the secret is learning from the loss, and realizing that none of those holes are vacuums.” – Michael J. Fox
19. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” –Robert Frost
20. “I destroy my enemy by making him my friend.” – Abraham Lincoln
? #upliftingquotes #empoweringquotes #life #lifequotes #lifelessons #lifejourney #abrahamlincoln #abrahamlincolnquotes #presidentlincoln #friend #enemy #depression #depressionquotes #depressionrecovery #bpdfam #bpd #bpdrecovery #bpdwarrior #writer #writers #writings #writersofinstagram #writerscommunity #writerofig #writerssociety #writersofig
Inspirational Quotes About Love
To give love, you need to get some practice loving yourself first. Well, you should at least try to like yourself a little. After all, love is a verb, not just an emotion. Treat yourself with loving kindness, so you can show others how you expect to be treated. These inspirational quotes provide some perspective.
Loving yourself is key
21. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” – Wayne Dyer.
115. Isn't that true? Enjoy the company of yourself too. Think Greatness. . . #quotes #quoteoftheday #quotetoliveby #peace #improve #motivation #dreambig #onestepatatime #happiness #thinkbig #striveforsuccess #striveforgreatness #favquote #bestquotes #love #loveyourself #lovelife #wisdom #phrases #sayings #optimistic #future #thinkpositive #positivequotes #thinkgreatness #loveyourself #drwaynedyer #waynedyerquotes #waynedyer
22. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde.
23. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
24. “You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” – Gautama Buddha
Love is work
25. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
26. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
27. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Was just sitting here reading and came across this quote, truer words literally have never been spoken, thought I'd share it with you ? I thank God I'm married to me best friend ♥ Love you guys, nighty night ???____________________________________ • • • ?Follow @deannarizzosthoughts for poetry, inspiration, and love, in a NO HATE community of expression! ??? • • • #deannarizzo #photobyme #ilovenietzsche #qotd #deannarizzosthoughts #qod #friedrichnietzsche #authors #writers #quotes #nietzshe #myfavoritequotes #lovequote #quotesofig #ilovenietzsche #lovequotes #quotesaboutlife #myforever #fridaynightin #fridaylove #friedrichnietzschequotes #writerscommunityofinstagram #poetrycommunityofinstagram #quotesaboutlove #mybetterhalf #myrock #husbandandwife #husbandandwifeteam #marriedlife #marriedliferocks
Love is life changing
28. “For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.” – Carl Sagan
29. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
30. “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” – Sophocles
31. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.” – Dalai Lama
32. “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.” – John Lennon
33. “Grief can take care of itself; but to get the full value of a joy you must have someone to divide it with.” – Mark Twain
Inspirational Quotes for Work
Some people find what they love and work hard at it all their lives. Others are content putting in their 40 hours a week and expressing their passions in their home life or community. Whether you’re working toward a major career goal or just trying to get through a tough Monday on the job, probably everyone can use a little inspiration.
Love is the secret ingredient to work success
The important ingredient is love. If you don’t love your job, you can almost always love the people you support with that job. Love the causes you support. Love the life you build with your wages. Work is a great way to learn new things and find ways to help others. So, let these inspirational quotes put you in the right frame of mind for the work week.
34. “I Couldn’t wait for success, so I went ahead without it.” – Anonymous
So what are you waiting for??? . . . . . . #successquotes #successfulmindset #successcoach #dontwait #goforit #shark #motivationalquotes #wednesdaywisdom #businesswoman #motivation101 #designinspiration #inspirationalquotes #socialmediamarketing #socialmediamarketingtips #madison #scottsburg #zionsville #rivernorth
35. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank,
36. “Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. MAKE.” – Joss Whedon
37. “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.” – Will Rogers.
38. “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” – Henry David Thoreau.
39. “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
40. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
41. “Whoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.” – Vincent Van Gogh
42 “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
43. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
Funny Inspirational Quotes
Humor is how we handle those speed bumps in life. Because of the lifting effect humor has, these inspirational quotes will provide a little insight into human nature while offering a chuckle at our own expense.
Funny quotes about life
44. “When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’” – Sydney Harris
45. “Most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally evil, but by people being fundamentally people.” – Terry Pratchett
46. “It is the epitome of life. The first half of it consists of the capacity to enjoy without the chance; the last half consists of the chance without the capacity.” – Mark Twain
47. “It takes great deal of courage to see the world in all its tainted glory, and still to love it.” – Oscar Wilde
Funny quotes about work
48. “You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” – Jack London
49. “Follow your dreams, except for the one where you’re naked in church.” – Rev. David Ault
50. “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” – Oscar Wilde
51. “Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages.” – Terry Pratchett
Funny quotes about love
52 “I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.” — Groucho Marx
53. “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” – Socrates
54. “Marriage is an adventure, like going to war.” – G. K. Chesterton
55. “Marriage is an attempt to solve problems together which you didn’t even have when you were on your own.” – Eddie Cantor
56. “A marriage is always made up of two people who are prepared to swear that only the other one snores.” – Terry Pratchett
57. “Love is a madness; if thwarted it develops fast.” – Mark Twain
58. “Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you’re offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone’s feelings.” – David Sedaris
59. “Marriage is like a game of chess, except the board is flowing water, the pieces are made of smoke and no move you make will have any effect on the outcome.” – Jerry Seinfeld
60. “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
Featured Image: CC0 Creative Commons by awifeofexcellence, via Pixabay.
I’m an active Certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor who specializes in Senior Fitness and Functional Movement. Other interest include photography, travel, inspirational speaking and coaching others through any roadblocks that may be preventing full self-expression.
I firmly believe that nothing is more important in life than your health.
My mission is to continually grow, develop, and express myself fully in life while doing my part to help others discover theirs. Together we can help make the world a better place!